Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Pizza Surprise!

"Obviously they never expected the customer to be armed," said Foreman. [More]
Prepare for the outraged family to ignore the fact that they were armed, masked and pistol whipping the victim who defended himself. That's S.O.P.

And from the "We're the Only Ones Unelightened Enough" Department, we have this:
According to Bartorilla, the customer's gun was properly registered.
With who, Chief?

If he doesn't have a concealed carry permit, the burden of proof is on them that he wasn't open carrying and no one noticed.


2 comments:

Mack said...

Should be,

"With whom, Chief?"

Yes, I'm anal. So?

At least it's grammatically accurate, or true.

David Codrea said...

Fair enough and I'm aware of the usage. I actually tried that both ways in the draft stage and thought "whom" sounded stilted in this context. But you're right.

That said, when I think an informal, conversational tone conveys what I want to say better than observing strict rules of grammar, I go for it. So you'll see me use "gonna" and "oughtta" and incomplete sentences, etc.

All the time. I like to play with language and break rules. I also like to link to relevant illustrative videos, but couldn't find one of Alfalfa saying "'Ain't' ain't a word cause 'ain't' ain't in the dictionary."