Monday, November 07, 2016

See You on the Other Side

I'll be gone all day tomorrow working the polls, as I have every election for the past several years. On Wednesday I expect to be occupied most of the day doing a post-election analysis for the magazine, which will give me a one-day deadline before that issue has to be put to bed.

Bottom line, I don't expect the workload to return to "normal" (12+ hour days) until Thursday or so. If your comments don't get posted or your emails/news tips/social media overtures acknowledged, please consider the counsel of V.I.N.CENT:
A pint cannot hold a quart ... If it holds the pint, it's doing the best it can.
God bless and protect us.

5 comments:

Crotalus said...

OMG David!!! George Step on all of us is about to stroke out! (Joy!!!)

Crotalus said...

So, Trump wins. Let's see if he honors the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I'm not so sure, but he beats Killary by a country mile!

Bad Cyborg said...

Wed, 11/9/16
Prop 1 in Nevada squeaked by with a margin of 9,901 votes out of 1,107,271 total votes cast or a whopping .89%. Let's see 'em enforce that now. Reckon they'll put undercover LEOs at gun shows? Or just paid snitches? or possibly sting operations. No way they can realistically track other private sales.

{sigh} In Maricopa County Arizona, Sheriff Arpaio lost 44.8% to 55.2% or 114,362 out of 1,090,340 total votes. Think they'll leave him alone now or go after him on the contempt charge?

(David, I am well aware and completely comfortable with this not seeing the light of day before Thursday.)

Toastrider said...

You quoted The Black Hole? Mr. Codrea, I KNEW you were a closet nerd! :D

David Codrea said...

No "closet" about it.