Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Full of Sound and Fury, Signifying Nothing.

ShotSpotter Alerts Police To Lots Of Gunfire, But Produces Few Tangible Results [More]
Who knew?

Per WarOnGuns Correspondent William T:
I read your article re: the missing Captain, and noted your tongue-in-cheek reference to "CopSpotter". For whatever reason, I decided to do a search to see how effective the ShotSpotter system might be. If the article I found is anywhere near accurate, ShotSpotter is worthless. I used this Forbes article as the basis of the attached S/S.

I downloaded the data files Forbes purportedly used to produce their article, but was unable to reconcile the raw data to the web article. I'm attaching the ZIP file I downloaded, as well as an Excel spreadhseet that demonstrate how useless ShotSpotter is. Hope it's useful.

But hey, you get the budget, you gotta spend it if you want to "justify" more next year.  Isn't that the way it works?

Plus if your ineptitude and corruption allows things to get too hot, you can always hold another "buyback" dog and pony show.

No comments: